ADS 1.6.9 - Standalone authorization server defaults are misconfigured - should use ADS port.

• Last Post 06 July 2018
drakmir posted this 06 July 2018

OS Name/Version:
Debian 9

Product Name/Version:
AMP 1.6.9

Problem Description:
After ADS (standalone mode) is installed it creates default authorization based on how it was contacted versus how it would be contacted by an internally created server.

For instance, i had a SSH tunnel open to port 8080 using my local port 8081. ADS loaded fine, but the default instance creation settings picked up on the 8081 port instead of the actual port that ADS was located on. This resulted in an inability to log into the instance since it was trying to contact a port where ADS doesn't exist.

Steps to reproduce:
Install ADS on port 8080
Create SSH tunnel to ADS L8081 -> 8080 (or use some other form of reverse proxy)
Configure ADS as standalone
Note that default instance authorization settings are now pointing to port 8081 and not the ADS configured port.

Actions taken to resolve so far:
Changing the port manually in the settings resolves this, but must be done before creating any instances.

Expected action:
Authorization port should be selected using the ADS port and not where the UI was reached from.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Mike posted this 06 July 2018

You may need to upgrade to the current nightly build, especially if you're on Debian 9.

In my trials last night, nightly builds seemed less stable with ADS than the 1.6.9 build.

Same problem occurred on Debian 8.

Close