AMP 1.6.9 - Installation instructions missing key dependency packages

• Last Post 2 weeks ago
drakmir posted this 2 weeks ago

OS Name/Version:
Debian 9

Product Name/Version:
AMP 1.6.9

Problem Description:
Installation instructions are missing some key packages for Debian.

Steps to reproduce:
Install on a minimal Debian 9 system (I used docker image "debian:stable-slim")
Follow instructions on page on how to install AMP
Creation of ADS instance will fail due to not finding ping command.
Note that stopping an instance will also fail due to a lack of a kill command.

Actions taken to resolve so far:
apt-get install iputils-ping procps

Additional Notes:
inetutils-ping package provides a ping command that doesn't work with AMP. You must use the iputils-ping for the -I command line parameter to work.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Mike posted this 2 weeks ago

Noted. The installation instructions will be amended for Debian 9 in the near future.

Edit: The installation instructions are actually intended for full Debian installations rather than for use with Docker. There's a separate system for using AMP inside Docker.

This could be done by removing unnecessary packages as well. As such, the dependency list should include all packages needed by AMP even if installed by "default" by a distribution.

Also note that I'm running ampinstmgr inside a docker container, not specifically the games themselves (yet). I haven't yet tried your solution for docker creation for the game servers. At the moment, it appears that you don't give enough control over the docker instances for me to use your solution, but since I haven't yet fully tested it I will defer until that time.

I'd need to be able to specify the docker images (since I have custom monitoring inside each docker image I use) along with network information, volume creation and mounting and labels. The alternative is for me to do that externally after the creation of the instance, so I'll look into that by using docker events.

Close