This update is being released early to help deal with the changes required to accommodate the new Minecraft release and support Java 17.
To get Java 17 on Linux, run the following command as root:
bash <(wget -qO- getamp.sh) installJava
Switch over to root first using
sudo su - don't put
sudo in front of the above command.
Windows users should get Adoptium JDK 17 from https://adoptium.net/
- Checkbox config fields are given default values of 'True' and 'False' if no values are supplied.
- Added $ExecutableWin and $ExecutableLinux as usable variables. Helps when using Proton.
- The SteamCMD beta tag value can be specified by a setting now.
- Added configuration merging support for XML using XPath (similar to JSON and JPath)
- Implemented a restart limit (Default 5) so a failing application won't sit in a loop forever if it can't start.
- Added extra logging on updates
- [AIM] Minecraft instances use the new ampbase:java image rather than ampbase:java8. This includes Java 17 and is based on the newer Debian 11.
- [The Forest] Re-implemented as a Generic config. Old module still exists for compatibility and while checking feature parity.
- [Satisfactory] New config to allow using either Early Access or Experimental.
- [Minecraft] Added more search paths for Java and expand accepted name formats and search scope.
This is a fairly significant update despite the lack of API changes that bump its version number. It includes support for 2 new games, more Generic functionality and LDAP support.
New Game Support
- Astroneer - Windows Only - Community contribution by Tueem
- Broke Protokol - Linux Only - Community contribution by gOOvER
- No longer shows the build tag on AArch64 builds.
- Additional CPU model normalisation.
- Implemented LDAP login support. (Network Edition or higher tier required - https://github.com/CubeCoders/AMP/wiki/Using-LDAP-authentication-with-AMP)
- Extended logging for shutdown requests showing where the request came from.
- [7d2d] Added support for custom Telnet passwords.
- [AIM] Fixed bad enumeration when starting boot-time instances.
- [AIM] Supports using Podman as an alternative to Docker.
- [Backups] Fixed 'A backup has finished extracting' event firing too early.
- [File Manager] Added additional SFTP functionality. Allows for renaming folders and moving files between folders.
- [Minecraft] Add additional Java search paths for Windows. Allow searching for multiple 'flavours' of Java in a single pass.
- [Generic] Fixed handling and merging of INI files.
- [Generic] Allows using jpath syntax to search for update sources.
- [Generic] Extra logging for config merging to help diagnose issues.
- [Generic] If a setting is added of type Checkbox, AMP will assume that the values are "True" and "False" by default unless alternatives are provided.
- [GetAMP] Add support for Rocky Linux.
- [GetAMP] Adding DEB repos now uses signing keys specific to those repos downloaded into /usr/share/keyrings - this is more secure than allowing the keys globally and required for Debian 12 onwards.
- [GetAMP] Fixed a script error if reverse DNS lookup fails.
- [Satisfactory] Updated configuration
- [SRCDS] Fixed some bad command line flags.