AMP/McMyAdmin - Port Resets to 25565 After Instance Restart

• Last Post 5 weeks ago
pawleeburns posted this 5 weeks ago

Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
AMP Instance Manager v1.8.0.2

Problem Description:
When changing server port to a different value than 25565 in AMP web interface through Configuration, Minecraft, Server Port Number it does not appear to consistently update the server.properties file regardless of the Minecraft server running or being fully stopped. If manually set it will keep its value after instance restart but will revert to default once Minecraft server is started.

Steps to reproduce (tested in Firefox and Chrome)
1. Set the desired port value in the Configuration, Minecraft, Server Port Number
2. The Minecraft server is then properly shut down through the AMP web interface.
3. Stop the instance via ampinstmgr stopinstance and start again, port value reverts back to 25565 in the Configuration, Minecraft, Server Port Number field.
4. Perform 1-3 except manually edit the server.properties file in addition to Server Port Number. server.properties will keep its value after instance restart but will update to 25565value in Server Port Number field once Minecraft server is started.

Actions taken to resolve so far:
Manually setting the server-port= value in the server.properties file via the editor for File Manager in AMP or through Ubuntu will update the port and allow the server to start on desired port. Have tested with two different instances with Start application on instance start enabled and disabled, both will keep value after restart but will be updated to 25565value in Server Port Number field after starting Minecraft server.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Mike posted this 5 weeks ago

Edit the binding from within ADS

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately my license is coming from McMyAdmin2 and am unable to create an ADS instance for management.

ADS can be used without a licence.

Thank you, that is good to hear. It seems I've done the initial set up of AMP backwards as I've created the instances manually with ampinstmgr CreateInstance before doing ampinstmgr QuickStart. I'm going to rebuild from a snapshot and test the port settings after creating the instances with ADS.

After redoing the AMP install, ADS, and instance set up through ADS, McMyAdmin instances automatically advance the port with additional instances created. With the default 25565 port set for the first instance, the next created instance will set 25566 in both ADS and the server.properties file. This effectively solves my issue of using different ports. However, if a custom port is set in ADS for an instance the behavior is the same as before. It will revert to its initial set port when the instance is stopped and started once again through ADS. Thank you again for the assistance.

You right click an instance in ADS and edit its ports there :)

Close