OS Name/Version: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Product Name/Version: AMP v18.104.22.168
Problem Description: Unable to set up Minecraft Forge server. Selecting "Forge" server type and clicking "Download / Update" results in the following error: "Download / Update failed : Couldn't determine the URL to fetch an update from. You may need to install this server type manually."
The error does not occur with other Minecraft server types (e.g. Official, Tekkit, Spigot).
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a fresh Minecraft server instance in AMP.
- Manage the Minecraft instance.
- Under Configuration > Server Settings > Server type, select "Forge".
- Click "Download / Update". The above error message results.
Actions taken to resolve so far:
- Created a fresh instance.
- Upgraded instance to latest version (v22.214.171.124).
- Pinging files.minecraftforge.net - works normally.
- Checked firewall config. Outbound connections are allowed by default. Disabling firewall makes no difference. Firewall log shows no connection activity when attempting to download/update Forge server - more details in comments below.
- Enabled debug logging on the instance. Log shows an HttpRequestException error when connecting to minecraftforge.net - more details in comments below.
- Uninstalled (purged) and reinstalled AMP.