OS Name/Version: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Product Name/Version: AMP StarBoundModule
Problem Description: StarBound client cannot connect to Linux StarBound server, due to client/server version mismatch.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install/Update StarBound to latest version available in Steam.
- Server starts up as version 1.2.3b (Protocol 729)
- Latest StarBound client cannot connect, as it's v1.3.2 (Protocol 743).
Actions taken to resolve so far:
- There is a separate StarBound Dedicated Server AppID in Steam: 533830.
- Using this AppID I was able to download manually via steamcmd.sh and start the server (cd .../533830/linux && starbound_server)
- This gives the correct latest version 1.3.2 (Protocol 743), and allows my client to connect.
- I tried editing steamcmdplugin/apps.json to set the AppID to 533830, but the update & start button kept throwing a Core error immediately.
Incidentally, this AppID is probably better for use on both Linux and Windows, as it's a much smaller download (server files only, no client data). Hopefully at some point the vendor will mark the server package as eligible for anonymous-download, but at the moment, it still requires a valid license for the game to download.