Missing installer for 1.7.5.0 when trying to upgrade Amp to 1.8.2.0

• Last Post 04 July 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
supersej posted this 26 June 2019

When I try to upgrade, reinstall or uninstall my Amp Instance Manager from version 1.7.5.0 to 1.8.2.0 i get the following message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

It keeps asking for AMPsetup.msi that corresponds to version 1.7.5.0, but I don't have this file anymore. Pointing to the new 1.8 Ampsetup.msi is not fixing the problem. So now I am stuck on 1.7 :(

Can you please help me getting a copy of AmpSetup.msi for version 1.7.5.0 so I can continue my upgrade.

Best regards Daniel

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
supersej posted this 26 June 2019

Oh and I am running Amp from a Windows 2019 server. I have searched for the Ampsetup file on my computer and on google with no luck

Mike posted this 27 June 2019

You should just be able to install the new version over-the-top without the old MSI (which unfortunately does not exist any more) - if that doesn't work don't sweat it there's other ways to sort it :)

supersej posted this 04 July 2019

The answer to this problem is actually rather simple... When you know what to do. Learned from a similar problem at work that a simple registryfix can solve this problem.

In my case, [HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\CA9016DFA90C9114893C976359C880C5\SourceList] "PackageName"="AMPSetup.msi" pointed at AMPSetup.msi This was the old AMPSetup.msi file I sadly don't have anymore

So all I did was just delete the whole key referring to Amp Instance Manager WARNING - Please export key before you delete - Just in case something goes wrong (so you can import again)

The key I deleted was HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\CA9016DFA90C9114893C976359C880C5 It should have the subkey "ProductName"="AMP Instance Manager"

After this key was deleted, there was no reference to the old MSI and the new version installed perfectly :)

Close