Ok, so basically my friend can't connect to the server, but I can. I have tried giving him the server address as well as the server IP, but no working still. he said it could be something called masking which I have no idea about. he lives in England, I live in Finland, could that have to do something with it?
My friend cannot join my minecraft server.
- 65 Views
- Last Post 11 October 2020
Would be nice to know your server setup. Perhaps you could read this and edit your original post accordingly for starters.
Are you hosting from a residential connection, or are you renting a server? If it's the former, there's a good chance you have to deal with NAT and port forwarding, and you have to give them your external (public) IPv4 address.
It doesn't seem like this issue would be an AMP problem, anyway.
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 click "Create Instance" and nothing happens
- 2 AMP Interface and API no longer showing number of active users on minecraft bedrock since update
- 3 184.108.40.206 - web interface does not update
- 4 Can't start a Minecraft instance after fresh server install (Ubuntu 20.04)
- 5 App Exit configuration on Generic Module