New Windows 10 Install - Can't create initial instance

• Last Post 2 weeks ago
  • Topic Is Solved
tbkurtz posted this 3 weeks ago

I installed on a new Windows 10 VM. On first launch of the instance manager, I try to setup the first instance, and it just sits and spins. I am running as a custom user (not the administrator) and I have .NET installed.

What am I doing wrong?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Mike posted this 3 weeks ago

Try running ampinstmgr quickstart on the command prompt instead.

Here's what I got.

While it was running, a windows firewall prompt game up, which I accepted.

[Warning] AMP Service port ranges have not been specified, using any available... [Warning] Application Service port ranges have not been specified, using any available... [Info] No cache exists for 1832 [Info] Downloading AMP from https://cubecoders.com/Downloads/AMPLatest.zip... [Info] Complete [Info] Instance creation failed. AMP configuration failed with return code -532462766

Is it because it's Win 10 1903? It comes with a newer .NET by default, I don't think you can uninstall it. Would be a bummer if you can't install with a newer .NET, but I guess the directions do say it has to be 4.6.2

Mike posted this 2 weeks ago

You can use 462 or newer, I'm running 1903 here - but I think something else is missing. I'm going to be taking a look at it.

Mike posted this 2 weeks ago

The issue is being caused by Windows Defender. Add an exception for the AMP Datastore.

tbkurtz posted this 2 weeks ago

Thanks, that worked!

Close