New Windows 10 Install - Can't create initial instance

• Last Post 08 August 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
tbkurtz posted this 07 August 2019

I installed on a new Windows 10 VM. On first launch of the instance manager, I try to setup the first instance, and it just sits and spins. I am running as a custom user (not the administrator) and I have .NET installed.

What am I doing wrong?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Mike posted this 07 August 2019

Try running ampinstmgr quickstart on the command prompt instead.

Here's what I got.

While it was running, a windows firewall prompt game up, which I accepted.

[Warning] AMP Service port ranges have not been specified, using any available... [Warning] Application Service port ranges have not been specified, using any available... [Info] No cache exists for 1832 [Info] Downloading AMP from https://cubecoders.com/Downloads/AMPLatest.zip... [Info] Complete [Info] Instance creation failed. AMP configuration failed with return code -532462766

Is it because it's Win 10 1903? It comes with a newer .NET by default, I don't think you can uninstall it. Would be a bummer if you can't install with a newer .NET, but I guess the directions do say it has to be 4.6.2

Mike posted this 08 August 2019

You can use 462 or newer, I'm running 1903 here - but I think something else is missing. I'm going to be taking a look at it.

Mike posted this 08 August 2019

The issue is being caused by Windows Defender. Add an exception for the AMP Datastore.

tbkurtz posted this 08 August 2019

Thanks, that worked!

Close