Now instead of waiting for formal releases, you can get the latest nightly builds - updated each day.
These are put through the same batches of unit tests and automated integration tests as the main release builds so they should be reasonably stable for the most part. A new nightly build is produced every day even if there were no submitted code changes that day.
You can submit bugs at the issue tracker. Make sure you include the build timestamp for your nightly and that your issue still exists on the most recent build.
For Linux users:
- Make sure you're running version 1.5 of the AMP instance manager (ampinstmgr) or newer.
./ampinstmgr --nightly upgrade SomeInstanceNameto upgrade that instance to the current nightly build. You can use
--nightlyas well when creating new instances. Omitting this flag will simply use the mainline build.
- If you want the nightly version of the instance manager (sometimes required for new features such as Docker in 1.7) you can get it from https://cubecoders.com/Downloads/ampinstmgr_Nightly.zip
For Windows users:
- Stop the AMP instance you wish to upgrade
- Download the core archive from https://cubecoders.com/Downloads/AMP_Latest_Nightly.zip
- Extract the core archive over the top of an existing instance, overwriting existing files. It is recommended you use 7zip rather than the standard Windows archive tool as the standard one may 'block' AMP files from being run.
In the future I also plan to tag the nightly builds in some way to show what changes have been made and what's new in that particular build.