Satisfactory Dedicated Server

• Last Post yesterday
toomeek posted this 2 weeks ago

Hello,

I'm trying to start Satisfactory Dedicated Server inside instance of AMP Release "Triton" v2.3.0.4.
This is Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) in LXC container.
I've figured out all dependencies (I think), including:
libsdl2-2.0-0:i386
~/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so

Engine.ini & Game.ini & Scalability.ini tuned for better network performance (as SF wiki sugests)

I think the current issue is that instance starts with default:
steamcmd.sh +login anonymous
where it should be valid Steam account / password as I'm aware currently anonymous startup doesn't work correctly.

Satisfactory ingame returns just not clear answer:
Server looks offline
Server name pending - NotAuthenticated

while connecting AMP console returns:
LogServerQuery: Bound Server Query Socket to address '0.0.0.0:21026'(IPv4)
LogInit: OnPostEngineInit has been broadcasted successfully.
LogInit: Display: Starting Game.
LogNet: Created socket for bind address: 0.0.0.0 on port 7777
LogNet: NotifyAcceptingConnection accepted from:

UDP 7777, 15000, 15777 ports are forwarded.

But I don't see the place where to put credentials into:
- AMP Instance settings? no such place in Configuration
- SATISFACTORY-INSTANCE/satisfactory/steamcmd.sh
- SATISFACTORY-INSTANCE/satisfactory/steam.sh
If login credentials should be in bash script then which variable is it?
And one more thing - when I type:
open myserver.domain.name
in the console (added manually key binding)
it says: Authentication token missing.

UPDATE:
Bug confirmed, everything works flawesly via Steam platform while user is logged. It doesn't via AMP instance since it's unauthorized.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
McyD posted this 6 days ago

Credentials are entered in the next step, which is using the game client to connect to the server and enter the Password, Server name, etc. This is how Coffee Stain has it set up currently.

Mike posted this 5 days ago

The Satisfactory server doesn't require authentication to download, AMP is functioning as intended. I suggest you check out the tutorial video:

?v=Un7WVi5x78

toomeek posted this yesterday

Credentials are entered in the next step, which is using the game client to connect to the server and enter the Password, Server name, etc. This is how Coffee Stain has it set up currently.

I know how it should work: anonymous server should start up then client should be able to connect to it and make first initial setup (server password, admin password). But server doesn't start, it requires valid Steam account. This may have changed recently, because at least 2 updates were addressed to Dedicated Server app.

The Satisfactory server doesn't require authentication to download, AMP is functioning as intended. I suggest you check out the tutorial video

Correct, doesn't require auth for download. It requires auth for start up, which again - may have changed recently. I'll check this out and go back to You with response soon.

UPDATE. Nope. On AMP instance still Satisfactory Dedicated Server reports status: "NotAuthenticated" / "Server name pending" and I'm unable to log in while it's running on default anonymous account.

Close