"Slot limit exceded" when 1 or 0 players logged in.

• Last Post 12 August 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
Doc1979 posted this 11 August 2019

The server is in a loop of rebooting, because MCMyAdmin is incorrectly identifying the number of players. It does it with 1 person logged in. It even does it when that single person logs out and no one is left on the server. It does it after a server restart when no one has logged in yet.

There are 5 players who have played on the server. No more than 4 at a time. The problem usually happens when starting up (and no one is on yet), or after a daily restart. I (the only one on the server) tried logging out but it still complained that the slot limit was exceeded.

Restarting MCMyAdmin is not an acceptable solution. The server is running on someone else's computer, and they are asleep. Not needing local access is the ONLY reason we are using MCMyAdmin. Otherwise we would be using no manager.

I noticed the last release of MCMyAdmin was a year ago. Is this software still supported? Do we have to stop using MCMyAdmin and I startup working on my own management software again?

4:11:23 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] Backups folder - D:\Server\Minecraft.\backups 4:11:23 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] CoroUtil being reinitialized 4:11:23 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] Unloading dimension -1 4:11:23 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] Unloading dimension 1 4:11:23 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] Unloading dimension 111 4:11:23 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] Unloading dimension -11325 4:11:23 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] Unloading dimension 4598 4:11:23 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] Unloading dimension -2 4:13:00 AM Server: You have exceeded the slot limit for this server. 4:13:00 AM Server: The server will restart in 5 minutes unless resolved. 4:14:00 AM Server: You have exceeded the slot limit for this server. 4:14:00 AM Server: The server will restart in 4 minutes unless resolved. 4:14:47 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] There are 0/10 players online: 4:14:47 AM CONSOLE: thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: 4:14:53 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] There are 0/10 players online: 4:14:53 AM CONSOLE: thread/INFO] [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: 4:15:00 AM Server: You have exceeded the slot limit for this server. 4:15:00 AM Server: The server will restart in 3 minutes unless resolved. 4:15:00 AM Server: Saving world data. Expect lag for a short while. 4:15:00 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] Saving... 4:15:00 AM CONSOLE: [INFO] Saved the world 4:15:00 AM Server: Save Complete

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Doc1979 posted this 12 August 2019

Thank you for your responses. I will try to guide the person hosting the server through the process of checking connections.

For the moment, we will continue to use MCMA2, but will be looking to transition soon. Mostly great software (a few minor bugs here and there). Thank you for your time, and for offering great software.

Mike posted this 12 August 2019

Not at this time no. You might want to check what's going on with Netstat because MCMA2 policies the slot limit by checking the number of active network connections to the MC server.

You can relax the file upload restrictions via McMyAdmin.conf

AMP does not have a free version at this time, but it is cheaper than MCMA2 right now.

Doc1979 posted this 12 August 2019

McMyAdmin 2.7.1.0 Minecraft 1.12.2 Forge 2838 Java 8 Windows 10

Is there a free, personal use AMP version too? Or is it only pay tier now. Its hard to justify a paid level when you are only using 6 users max, 3 consecutive, non-24/7. I am quite adept and windows and linux, but have the worst internet. My friend with the best internet upload speed is a standard windows user; The command line scares them.

Other than the slot limit bug, MCMA is nice software. The file uploads could be less restricted, but overall the software is good. If there is not any free tiers, I'll have to figure something out with some crude python or c# programming.

Thank you for your response.

Mike posted this 11 August 2019

Which edition are you using? Mcma2 is being slowly sunsetted, it has been replaced by AMP.

Close