This doesn't seem to have been happening for a while.
The following changed on my side which might have caused the fix:
- The Minecraft instance is now starting off an SSD
- We alleviated TPS problems
- Possibly newer AMP versions installed.
My hunch is that it was the moving to the SSD which made the difference.
While I will close this issue and remove my negative Google review (I'm not one to hold grudges). For your benefit, so that you can avoid other potential issues with people posting bad reviews in the future, I will explain the cause of my frustration that resulted in me writing the negative review in the first place.
I am a professional C# developer, I understand software development and understand that building a product which interacts with 3rd party software is not trivial and some aspects are outside of your control.
The behaviour I was experiencing was:
- AMP performs scheduled shutdown
- AMP fails to start up the process again. AMP only logs a line saying it supposedly tried 5 times in less than a second, but there is nothing in the logs, neither the Minecraft or AMP ones, about these supposed 5 attempts or why they failed.
- This never happened during YEARS of using McMyAdmin with the exact same server, saved world and daily restarts, I literally moved the Minecraft folder as is into the AMP instance.
You claimed the problem was due to errors logged by Minecraft during shutdown, but the errors didn't always happen had always existed when we used McMyAdmin and that never had a problem just starting it up again.
I tried to point out that my concern is that AMP claims to restart the server 5 times before giving up, but there was nothing in any logs anywhere supporting this assertion and I felt that unless AMP logged these supposed 5 failed attempts then there seems to be an issue AMP. But you seemed to only focus on the errors which occured before the restarts and based on the fact were not an issue with McMyAdmin, were highly unlikely to be relevant. You were trying to throw the blame back at me by citing errors on my side and then proceeded to ignore my explanations that the errors are not relevant.
Then you closed my in initial support thread at which made me highly upset because despite patience from my side, you seemed to be disregarding all the information I was providing and seemed to only want to get rid of me. It was then that I put a public facing poor review on your Google business listing and posted this new thread, and only then did you stop treating me as a probably tech unsavvy user despite my having pointed out many times that I am quite tech savvy.
Shortly after we put in the SSD (not even a fancy one, it's an old 120GB SATA one) the problem seemed to stop, the restarts stopped failing. My guess is that the faster disk access side stepped whatever random problem was making AMP incorrectly think that the process startup was failing.
Anyway, use my customer service and tech recommendations here or don't use them, AMP doesn't seem to be misbehaving for me anymore, but your general demeanour at the time towards me left a very poor impression of you upon me.