Installation not working

OS Name/Version: Windows Server 2022 Datacenter

Product Name/Version: 2.4.8.0

Problem Description:
I installed AMP, spun up several instances, Minecraft and PalWorld. They were working fine, able to connect to each instance locally and play on them without issues.
I created another MineCraft instance to import an external game save. Once I tried to do that, it crashed AMP.
Once AMP started back up, my instances are no longer showing up. I looked in the datastore directory and they are all there but none are showing up in AMP.

I have tried rebooting the server, uninstall, reinstall AMP.
Cannot see my instances in AMP. They are in the datastore directory.

If you used Explorer to drag and drop files then you probably damaged the permissions. Check AMPs logs (in the ADS01/AMP_Logs directory) to see what the problem is.

Here are a few permission errors that show in the log, so I should just be able to fix the permissions and it should work? Or what else do I need to do?

Blockquote
[23:48:52] [GSMyAdmin Warning] : Couldn’t initialize datastore
[23:48:52] [Core Error] : SQLiteException
[23:48:52] [Core Error] : [0] (SQLiteException) : ReadOnly
[23:48:52] [Core Error] : at SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at SQLite.TableQuery1.Delete(Expression1 predExpr)
at GSMyAdmin.Logger.PurgeAudit(Int32 RecordsOlderThanDays)
at GSMyAdmin.Core.SetupDatastore(Logger log)
Blockquote

[23:48:58] [Core Error]           : UnauthorizedAccessException
[23:48:58] [Core Error]           : [0] (UnauthorizedAccessException) : Access to the path 'C:\AMPDatastore\Instances\ADS01\scheduleEvents.json' is denied.
[23:48:58] [Core Error]           :    at IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
   at IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
   at GSMyAdmin.Scheduler.SaveSchedule()

Yeah this is all damaged permissions - make sure the Datastore Directory is owned by and has full permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE user and that those permissions are applied recursively.

Thank you, I have set all permissions, recursively for that folder for NETWORK SERVICE.

Now, I clicked on repair Datastore because none of the instances are showing up still. Here are the magical errors that I am getting now.

[07:37:40] [GSMyAdmin Info]       : AMP is up to date.
[07:37:44] [GSMyAdmin:Anonymous Warning] : Access denied: You do not have permission to use this method (ADSModule.UpdateTarget) at this time. This method requires the Session.Exists permission. (Origin: 127.0.0.1)
[07:37:45] [GSMyAdmin:Anonymous Warning] : Access denied: You do not have permission to use this method (ADSModule.GetGroup) at this time. This method requires the Session.Exists permission. (Origin: 127.0.0.1)
[07:38:21] [ADS:admin Activity]   : Deleting instance df879226-1bc9-4321-a981-0eae6f6025a6
[07:39:59] [InstanceManager:admin Warning] : Non-managed instances exist, autoconfigure cannot guarentee that the configuration is valid!
[07:40:00] [GSMyAdmin Error]      : Exception executing global interval tick. Error mapping types.

Mapping types:
AMPInstanceBase -> InstanceSummary
InstanceManagerPlugin.AMPInstanceBase -> InstanceManagerPlugin.InstanceSummary

Type Map configuration:

Destination Member:
ApplicationEndpoints

[07:41:00] [GSMyAdmin Error]      : Exception executing global interval tick. Error mapping types.

Mapping types:

Type Map configuration:

Destination Member:
ApplicationEndpoints

[07:42:00] [GSMyAdmin Error]      : Exception executing global interval tick. Error mapping types.

Mapping types:

Type Map configuration:

Destination Member:
ApplicationEndpoints

[07:43:00] [GSMyAdmin Error]      : Exception executing global interval tick. Error mapping types.

Mapping types:

Type Map configuration:

Destination Member:
ApplicationEndpoints

[07:44:00] [GSMyAdmin Error]      : Exception executing global interval tick. Error mapping types.

Mapping types:

Type Map configuration:

Destination Member:
ApplicationEndpoints

[07:45:00] [GSMyAdmin Error]      : Exception executing global interval tick. Error mapping types.

Mapping types:

Type Map configuration:

Destination Member:
ApplicationEndpoints

[07:46:00] [GSMyAdmin Error]      : Exception executing global interval tick. Error mapping types.

Mapping types:

Type Map configuration:

Destination Member:
ApplicationEndpoints

[07:47:00] [GSMyAdmin Error]      : Exception executing global interval tick. Error mapping types.

Mapping types:

Type Map configuration:

Destination Member:
ApplicationEndpoints

[07:48:00] [GSMyAdmin Error]      : Exception executing global interval tick. Error mapping types.

Mapping types:

Type Map configuration:

Destination Member:
ApplicationEndpoints

I would truly appreciate some sort of assistance, besides just do this one thing, wait a day or so, do this one other thing. It is quite frustrating to pay for software that just doesn’t have any decent documentation or troubleshooting. Just open forums to ask a question and sit back and wait and hope for an answer.
I would like to have the software running again.

I didn’t ask you to repair the datastore. That was not the correct thing to do. When things are not working, do not perform actions you were not instructed to as you can easily make things worse.

Shut down AMP, and look in the datastore directory. You should find a handful of instances.json files with timestamps. Open them up and find one from before you started adding files. Then copy that file over the top of the not working instances.json file.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. I am sorry if I was getting snippy or sounded that way. A lot of time and effort went into work on those 2 games and the people were very unhappy that they may have been lost. They are both up and running now. I hopefully don’t have any more issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.