Setup LDAPS with Active Directory and Enterprise CA (self-signed CA)

Installation Details:

OS Linux
Platform Debian GNU/Linux 12
System Type x86_64
Virtualization ProxmoxLXC
Module ADSModule
Module Application Application Deployment
Loaded Plugins FileManagerPlugin, EmailSenderPlugin, WebRequestPlugin, LocalFileBackupPlugin, CommonCorePlugin
Application Version 2.5.0.4
Codename Callisto
Tools Version 2.5.0.4
Release Stream Mainline
Build Spec Release

Problem Description:
I want to use LDAPS for integrating with my Active Directory Domain. The Setup with LDAP is working fine now, but I don’t get it to work with LDAPS.

My setup in the AMPConfig.conf is the following (I replaced my domain with ad.domain.com):

Login.UseLDAPLogins=True
Login.UseLDAP3=True
Login.AllowLocalUsersWithLDAP=True
Login.LDAPAuthDomain=ad.domain.com
Login.LDAP3Host=winsrv-1.ad.domain.com
Login.LDAP3FilterDN=OU=Benutzer,DC=ad,DC=domain,DC=com
Login.LDAP3UserDN=service_amp@ad.domain.com
Login.LDAPGroupPrefix=AMP_
Login.LDAPUserDomain=ad.domain.com
Login.LDAP3UsesSSL=True     //Working if changed to False
Login.LDAPADPre2000=False
Login.LDAPStripDomainFromFilter=True
Login.LDAPQueryUsername=ampquery
Login.LDAPQueryPassword=PasswordForService_ampUser

The logs with LDAPS:

[12:03:23] [LDAPDSAuth Debug]     : LDAP query filter: (&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=username))
[12:03:23] [Core Debug]           : InterThreadException
[12:03:23] [Core Debug]           : [0] (InterThreadException) : Connect Error
[12:03:23] [Core Debug]           :   at Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapResponse.chkResultCode () 
  at Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapConnection.chkResultCode (Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapMessageQueue queue, Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapConstraints cons, Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapResponse response) 
  at Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapConnection.Bind (Int32 version, String dn, SByte[] passwd, Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapConstraints cons) 
  at Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapConnection.Bind (Int32 version, String dn, String passwd, Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapConstraints cons) 
  at Novell.Directory.Ldap.LdapConnection.Bind (String dn, String passwd, Novell.Directory.Ldap.AuthenticationTypes authenticationTypes) 
  at DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.InitBlock () 
  at DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.DoSearch () 
  at DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.get_SrchColl () 
  at DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindOne () 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindOne()
  at GSMyAdmin.Authentication.LDAPDSAuth.Authenticate (String username, String password) 
[12:03:23] [Auth Debug]           : LDAP Login failure for username: Unable to query LDAP server: Connect Error
[12:03:23] [Core Debug]           : Login failed for username - Failure : LDAP failure - check logs - 

Steps to reproduce/ Actions taken to resolve so far:

• Setup Active Directory Domain with Enterprise CA (Windows Certificate Authority)
  • Make sure that the Domain Controller delivering the correct certificate on LDAPS

I imported the Enterprise CA (my SelfSigned Root CA) into the AMP Host as follows:

1. Put the Root CA Certificate File in /usr/local/share/ca-certificates
  2. Execute update-ca-certificates

Than execute openssl s_client -connect winsrv-1.ad.domain.com:636 and verify the result.
A part of mine looks like this:

Peer signing digest: SHA256
Peer signature type: RSA-PSS
Server Temp Key: X25519, 253 bits
---
SSL handshake has read 2562 bytes and written 447 bytes
Verification: OK
---
New, TLSv1.3, Cipher is TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
Server public key is 2048 bit
Secure Renegotiation IS NOT supported
Compression: NONE
Expansion: NONE
No ALPN negotiated
Early data was not sent
Verify return code: 0 (ok)
  • Setup as the LDAP settings as shown above

Thank you for your help!

Try running ampinstmgr --sync-certs as the AMP user, although as a rule AMP doesn’t play nice with anything self-signed.

Sadly this solution didn’t not work. I also imported not only the CA Root Certificate I imported also the certificate delivered directly from the LDAP Server.